We can help you better and provide you a faster service if we better understand you. Therefore, we capture information about you on our website in order to improve your experience of the GO EU Commerce Community.
GO EU Commerce BV (HQ), Torenallee 20, 5617 BC, Eindhoven, is the data controller for the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 and the General Data Protection Regulation.
In this Privacy Notice, we aim to explain clearly what personal data we collect, why, how we use it, who we share it with and your rights in relation to it. These are only applicable for the GO EU Commerce BV website.
WHAT INFORMATION WE COLLECT
WE DO NOT STORE CREDIT CARD DETAILS AND WE DO NOT SHARE CUSTOMER DETAILS WITH THIRD PARTIES.
The information we collect via this website may include:
- Personal details that you type in and submit to us, such as name, address, email address, age, date of birth and gender;
- Your correspondence and communications with us;
- Data which allows us to recognise you, your preferences and how you use this website. This saves you from re-entering information when you return to the site and enables us to give you a better, more personalised experience on our website. This data is collected by cookies and similar technologies from your navigation around the site. A cookie is a small amount of data which we send to your computer. The data is then stored on your browser or hard disk. We use different types of cookies including Google Analytics which is a web analytics service provided by Google Inc. who set a cookie to collect standard internet log information and site visitor behaviour in order to evaluate use of our website and compile a report for us. Information about your use of our website and your IP address is transmitted to Google Inc and is used by us to evaluate use of our website, compile statistical reports on activity on our website and create profiles of aggregated visitors using Google Analytics demographics. Most web browsers can be set to prevent you from receiving new cookies, notify you before accepting cookies or disable cookies altogether. Details about this can normally be found in the Help facility provided with your browser. If you disable cookies, you will not be able to receive personalised facilities and your progress to check out may take longer. To opt out of being tracked by Google Analytics please visit https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout
- Your IP address (this is your computer’s individual identification number) which is automatically logged by our web server. This is used to note your interest in our website.
- Your preferences and use of email updates, recorded by emails we send you (if you select to receive email updates on products and offers).
- We use LinkedIn, Facebook and Google Adwords to advertise GO EU Commerce services. Our retargeting will display relevant ads tailored to you based on areas of the website that you have visited, by placing a cookie on your device. This cookie does not give us access to your device. The cookie is used to allow us to identify whether an individual has visited a page and if so, show them related advertisements. Retargeting allows us to tailor our marketing to better suit your needs and only display ads that are relevant to you.
WHAT WE DO WITH YOUR INFORMATION
Any personal information we collect from you will be used in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998 and the General Data Protection Regulation. The details we collect will be used:
- To process your order, to maintain accounts you hold with us and guarantee records and to provide after-sales service;
- To carry out security checks – this helps to protect you and us from fraudulent transactions;
- To comply with legal requirements;
- To manage customer service interactions with you;
- For marketing purposes – with your consent – we would like to inform you of various promotions, goods and services that may be of interest to you. You may be contacted by post, email, telephone, SMS or such other means as we regard as appropriate, including new technology. If you wish to receive these communications, please tick the “Yes” box when entering your personal details.
You may unsubscribe at any time, if you wish – see “Your rights” section below.
SHARING YOUR DATA WITH OTHER COMPANIES
In order to make certain services available to you, we may need to share your personal information with some of the partners we work with but the information will only be used for the purpose of providing our products and services to you and we will never sell or rent your personal data to any other organisation for marketing purposes.
- The service providers with whom we share your personal information are:
- For Customers who purchase from us: Distribution Centre managers and logistics service providers to supply/deliver products or services you have purchased and/or to provide after-sales service;
- For Customers and Potential Customers: Fraud prevention agencies, who will check details we give them against public and private databases and may keep a record of that check to use in future security checks;
- For Customers and Potential Customers and Enquirers: Data processing and email management service providers who send our communications for us;
We will do our best to handle your personal data with care but if you believe we have not handled your personal data in accordance with the law, you have the right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioner’s Office. Further information including contact details are at www.ico.org.uk
- You can ask us what personal data we hold about you at any time;
- You can ask us to update and correct any out-of-date or incorrect information about you;
- You can ask us not to send you future marketing communications; We will then do our best to suppress your data from all direct marketing, although we will still keep it for processing your order, fulfilling customer service, after sale obligations, to enable us to comply with our legal obligations such as tax and audit obligations and to enforce or defend our legal rights;
- You can ask us to stop any processing of your personal information that is likely to cause damage or distress to you or anyone else;
- You can object to profiling without consent and you have the right to not have any significant decisions that will affect you taken solely by automated decision-making processes and the right to have decision taken by such automated decision-making process reviewed by an individual at GO EU Commerce;
- In certain circumstances you have the right to request that we erase your personal data, for example if the data are no longer necessary for the purpose for which we requested and we will then do our best to suppress your data, although we will still keep it for processing your order, fulfilling customer service, after sale obligations, to enable us to comply with our legal obligations such as tax and audit obligations and to enforce or defend our legal rights;
- You can ask us to have your personal data provided to you by us in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format and the right to have that data transmitted to another data controller.
If you wish to take any of the steps outlined above you can always call our Customer Service Team at 0031 6 1437 8844 but as we will usually ask you to put the request in writing please email our Data Protection Officer via email@example.com or write to our Data Protection Officer at GO EU Commerce BV (HQ), Torenallee 20, 5617 BC, Eindhoven, the Netherlands